New Job II
Reports toChief Operating Officer
Performs engineering work pertaining to the system protection and controls systems of the Rayburn Country Electric Cooperative, Inc.’s (Rayburn) transmission system. Plans and coordinates checkout of new facilities, provides engineering support to technicians, and designs modifications to improve existing facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities / Knowledge
- Performs maintenance, testing and upkeep of Rayburn transmission
- Ensures transmission maintenance and testing requirements are met for transmission facilities connected to the Bulk Electric System grids and the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT).
- Works together with Member cooperatives to comply with protocols and various interconnection projects, construction projects, and required programs.
- Coordinates and designs construction of transmission assets including CCN application process.
- Drives Rayburn vehicle to service sites; that may involve exposure to live electrical hazards and inclement weather conditions.
- Assists in preparation of operations budget.
- Responsible for MV90 processing and ensures meters are reporting accurately.
- Assists in SCADA support.
- Subject to on call after normal business hours as business needs dictate.
- Complies with all policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements or obligations, including those inherent in this position, effective as a result of employment with Rayburn.
- Timely shares complete information with others including Rayburn management and staff, contractors, and other third parties, as required.
- Delegates jobs and tasks, as approved by supervisor, to appropriate employees, providing complete information and resources to properly complete such jobs and tasks.
- Timely provides Rayburn management with complete reports on work and tasks performed as such reports are requested or required.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor or executive management.
Job Specifications / Skills Required
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering is required. Registered Professional Engineer license in the State of Texas is preferred.|
|Experience:||2+ years of experience in field of power engineering experience.|
• Extensive knowledge of engineering procedures
• Excellent record keeping
• Proficient in MS Office
• Working knowledge of GIS applications and other administrative functions
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work effectively in a team environment; willing to assist others
• Ability to carry out a variety of activities which require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
• Ability to perform repetitive motions in order to use a computer keyboard, test equipment and operate hand tools.
• Ability to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
As directed by supervisor and/or executive management.