Transmission Station Superintendent
Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for the construction, maintenance, operation and compliance obligations of Rayburn Country Electric Cooperative, Inc.’s (Rayburn) substations and switchyards. Manages, plans, assigns, schedules, and supervises the work of crews, employees, and contractors and must actively participate in such work as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities / Knowledge
- Manages multiple priorities and works effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Gathers and retains evidence, submits reports and proactively initiates compliance related tasks in support of Rayburn’s obligations.
- Identifies safety issues in the field and provides suggestions on ways to improve the overall safety of the site and eliminates hazards as appropriate.
- Responsible for field maintenance activities to ensure Rayburn’s system/facilities are functioning properly.
- Coordinates with appropriate authority for lock out-tag out functions, one-shots, etc.
- Ensures utility locates prior to excavation as warranted.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence when applicable.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Maintains positive relationships with landowners, contractors, suppliers and other employees. Reports any issues to management.
- Understands the project plans and specifications and ensures the project remains on track and constructed correctly.
- Ensures completion of all required permitting activities before the work commences.
- Manages all material on site.
- Drives Rayburn vehicle to service sites which may involve exposure to live electrical hazards and inclement weather conditions.
- Subject to on-call outside of normal business hours as business needs dictate.
- Complies with all policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements or obligations, effective as a result of employment with Rayburn.
- Timely shares complete information with others including Rayburn management and staff, contractors, and other third parties, as required.
- Delegates jobs and tasks, as approved by supervisor, to appropriate employees, providing complete information and resources to properly complete such jobs and tasks.
- Timely provides Rayburn management with complete reports on work and tasks performed as such reports are requested or required.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor or executive management.
Job Specifications / Skills Required
|Education:||Associates Degree is preferred. High school diploma and electric utility experience may be substituted for some educational requirements.|
|Experience:||7+ years utility industry experience|