Director of Compliance
Provides high-level administrative support to the Compliance Department by assisting in the collection and maintenance all documentation related to regulatory policies and procedures to ensure Rayburn Country Electric Cooperative, Inc.’s (Rayburn) compliance with NERC/FERC Standards/Regulations, ERCOT Nodal Protocols and Operating Guides, and applicable PUCT rules. Supports the development and implementation of programs, processes and procedures required to maintain and demonstrate compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities / Knowledge
- Manages multiple priorities and works effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Supports development and review of Rayburn’s compliance program, which includes policies, plans, procedures, and processes.
- Coordinates development of meeting agendas for the compliance program including, Reliability Compliance Committee (RCC) and any other compliance related meetings and takes minutes of the program meetings.
- Attends and participates in conferences, workshops, and working groups relevant to compliance.
- Tracks and maintains compliance administrative functions, including but not limited to, document review workflows, compliance program policies and procedures, reports and work logs used for compliance evidence.
- Supports ERCOT, Texas RE, NERC and FERC periodic reporting requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of ERCOT Nodal Protocols and Operating Guides, NERC Reliability Standards updates, and other applicable regulatory rules as needed.
- Provides administrative support with logistics and deliverables for mock and regional audits.
- Coordinates, assigns, and tracks compliance related training modules and assignments.
- Supports administration and maintenance of compliance monitoring and tracking software to ensure accurate records are properly retained. Administrative oversight may include but is not limited to: AssurX (compliance tracking tool), SharePoint and other applicable compliance related systems.
- Assists in monitoring costs associated with compliance and supports compliance budget development.
- Prepares and reviews memos, letters, reports, contracts, and related items in support of the compliance program.
- Complies with all policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements or obligations, including those inherent in this position, effective as a result of employment with Rayburn.
- Timely shares complete information with others including Rayburn management and staff, contractors, and other third parties, as required.
- Delegates jobs and tasks to appropriate employees, providing complete information and resources to properly complete such jobs and tasks.
- Timely provides Rayburn management with complete reports on work and tasks performed as such reports are requested or required.
Job Specifications / Skills Required
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in Business Field preferred. High school diploma and compliance experience may be substituted for some educational requirements.|
|Experience:||3+ years of experience supporting NERC regulatory compliance in the utility industry.
Learning Management System (LMS) experience is desirable
|Skills:||Evidence of the practice of a high-level confidentiality
Able to work effectively in a team environment; willing to assist others
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
Proficient with various software programs
Excellent record keeping
Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
|Physical Demands:||Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
Ability to perform repetitive motions in order to use a computer equipment (e.g., keyboard, mouse, etc.).
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; open file cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.