Operations Compliance Specialist
Chief Operating Officer
Supports compliance and assists in collecting and maintaining all documentation related to regulatory policies and procedures to ensure Rayburn Country Electric Cooperative, Inc.’s (Rayburn) compliance with NERC/FERC 693 Standards/Regulations, ERCOT Nodal Protocols and Operating Guides, and applicable PUCT rules. Supports the development and implementation of programs, processes, and procedures required to maintain and demonstrate compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities / Knowledge
- Manages multiple priorities and works effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Supports development and implementation of Rayburn’s compliance policies, plans, procedures, and processes.
- Interprets and communicates compliance requirements and necessary action plans to Rayburn personnel.
- Attends and participates in conferences, workshops, and working groups relevant to NERC 693 standards.
- Reviews complex analysis and develop documentation, technical reports, and presentations.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities based on incident investigations, root cause analysis, and industry best practice.
- Ensures compliance-related documentation is maintained and updated to reflect current requirements and internal procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of ERCOT Nodal Protocols and Operating Guides, NERC 693 standards/requirements, and other applicable regulatory rules as needed.
- Assists Transmission System Operators and other Rayburn employees, Management, and Members as needed to ensure understanding of compliance with requirements, including all documentation used for compliance evidence such as those required to comply with NERC 693 standards.
- Supports ERCOT, Texas RE, NERC, and FERC periodic reporting requirements.
- Assists in regulatory compliance policy and procedure updates and departmental reviews as requested.
- Drafts and reviews filings, memos, letters, reports, contracts, specifications, procedures, policies, and related items in support of the compliance functions.
- Maintains required information, documents, and tasks in compliance management software.
- Complies with all policies, procedures, manuals, and confidentiality requirements or obligations, including those inherent in this position, effective and applicable as a result of employment with Rayburn.
- Timely shares complete information with others including Rayburn management and staff, contractors, and other third parties, as required.
- Delegates jobs and tasks, as approved by supervisor, to appropriate employees, providing complete information and resources to properly complete such jobs and tasks.
- Timely provide Rayburn management with complete reports on work and tasks performed as such reports are requested or required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor or executive management.
Job Specifications / Skills Required
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree or other related analytical/technical discipline preferred. High school diploma and compliance experience may be substituted for some educational requirements.|
3+ years of progressive experience supporting NERC regulatory compliance in the utility industry.
Experience with compliance monitoring and tracking software is preferred.
Experience in auditing, NERC standard enforcement, inherent risk assessments/compliance oversight plans.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Able to work effectively in a team environment; willing to assist others
Evidence of an aptitude for critical thinking
Ability to think independently and problem solve
Strong attention to detail
Strong analytical and technical skills
Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
Ability to perform repetitive motions in order to use a computer keyboard, test equipment, and operate hand tools.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; open file cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.