People and Communications Coordinator
Chief Human Resources Officer
The People and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations, administrative support and special projects of Rayburn Country Electric Cooperative, Inc’s (Rayburn) Human Resources Department. The position will be responsible for fostering collaboration, facilitation and implementation of employee and community communications and events.
Rayburn carries the mantra of “status quo is not company policy” and looks for people with a continuous improvement drive that are willing to respectfully challenge tradition and innovate to find ways to best serve the membership. Rayburn’s leadership style is oriented toward collaboration and teamwork with strong tendencies to empower teammates to take ownership of their tasks. Candidates should offer a natural goal orientation and be driven to collaborate across departments.
Education, certifications and experience in human resources and or communications desirable.
Responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations and administrative support of Rayburn Country Electric Cooperative, Inc’s (Rayburn) Human Resources Department. Responsible for the facilitation and implementation of employee and community communications and events, community involvement, and facilitating relationships with our member cooperatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities / Knowledge
- Supports and leads the achievement of the goals and objectives of Rayburn and the Human Resources Department.
- Models and promotes Rayburn values: Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Maintains knowledge of state and federal employment regulations to ensure compliance related to human resources.
- Assists in the updating and implementation of Rayburn policies and procedures.
- Maintains and performs periodic updates of accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Assists with of the organization’s implementation and maintenance of the HRIS applications and collaborates with HR staff to identify system improvements and enhancements
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HRIS users.
- Serves a contact and liaison for intake and assessment of employee complaints informing appropriate HR team.
- Facilitates planning and execution of events such as board meetings, benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, employee training, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Collaborates with the HR department on the creation of initiatives to promote employee engagement and takes the lead as assigned on implementation.
- Maintains accurate records of active job openings and received applications; manages internal and external job postings.
- Reviews applications for non-management positions and forwards to hiring manager; schedules preliminary interviews. Facilitates interviews as delegated.
- Supports the onboarding process of new employees.
- Assists in the administration of random drug testing and backup for CDL drug testing procedures.
- Provides administrative support to the HR department and to Rayburn employees as needed, for example, retrieves drivers records annually and coordinates travel and lodging reservations for Rayburn employees.
- Provides back up to other roles in HR department as needed.
- Plans, develops, and purchases marketing and communications materials.
- Collaborates with HR dept on communication of initiatives and deadlines to employees in a variety of print, digital, and interpersonal ways; tasks may include creating and publishing company newsletters, calendars, and employee portal posts.
Develops and maintains knowledge of the cooperative electric utility business model and cooperative operations and attends training courses and seminars necessary to obtain and maintain a general understanding of Rayburn’s and its
- Facilitates and maintains effective relationships with Rayburn’s Members and community representatives establishing credibility with Members and demonstrates accountability in meeting Member needs and expectations.
- Coordinates member events, for example, Government in Action Youth Tour.
- Maintains a high-level of confidentiality as appropriate to the position.
- Complies with all policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements or obligations, including those inherent in this position, effective as a result of employment with Rayburn.
- Timely shares complete information with others including Rayburn management and staff, contractors, and other third parties, as required.
- Delegates jobs and tasks, as approved by supervisor, to appropriate employees, providing complete information and resources to properly complete such jobs and tasks.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications / Skills Required
Bachelor’s degree in Business Field or related experience.
3+ years of experience in a similar position; electric utility is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective working knowledge of the electric utility business (preferably specific to cooperatives and ERCOT).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Well organized and resourceful; capable of multitasking
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions in order to use a computer keyboard, test equipment and operate hand tools.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; open file cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
As directed by supervisor