Network Field Technician
Operational Technology (OT) Manager
Rayburn is a growing generation and transmission (G&T) cooperative. We are looking to add to our dynamic organization of high performing people who carry high accountability and ownership of Rayburn’s core values of respect, integrity, excellence, and innovation, and are creative to meet the challenging demands of their role.
Assists and supports communications, networking, cyber security, and compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards. Supports the Field Operations, Engineering and System Operations teams by implementing the strategies outlined by the OT Manager to provide secure data paths that serve its field assets. Ensures the physical security programs and strategies of the organization are effectively maintained.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities / Knowledge
- Manages multiple priorities and work effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Responsible for maintaining Rayburn’s field devices, OT firewalls, OT switches, and OT routers.
- Provides level 1 troubleshooting for networked field devices and physical security systems.
- Maintains patch management and upgrades of field devices, firewalls, switches, security panels, and routers.
- Responsible for maintaining Rayburn’s physical security across all campuses and remote field facilities including but not limited to; physical security systems, monitoring, alarm response, access control, and security cameras.
- Responsible for managing multiple vendors across various projects.
- Assists in ongoing compliance of Rayburn’s applicable Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards with an emphasis on the Operational Technology (OT) network and other cyber security needs.
- Maintains proper inventory of Rayburn’s in-house systems and networked connections.
- Maintains end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and establish service level agreements with end users.
- Assists Rayburn personnel and Board Members with various device/software issues as needed.
- Maintains broad working knowledge of Microsoft Systems, Cisco networking equipment, Palo Alto networking equipment, Aviat Microwave equipment, and physical security applications including certifications.
- Maintains cyber security best practices for privately owned WAN, including radios, routers, and cellular connected field devices.
- Maintains privately owned WAN, including radios, routers, and cellular connected field devices.
- Drives Rayburn vehicle to remote sites to configure, install, and maintain communications infrastructure; that may involve exposure to live electrical hazards and inclement weather conditions.
- Subject to on call after normal business hours as business needs dictate.
- Complies with all policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements or obligations, including those inherent in this position, effective as a result of employment with Rayburn.
- Timely shares complete information with others including Rayburn management and staff, contractors, and other third parties, as required.
- Delegates jobs and tasks to appropriate employees, providing complete information and resources to properly complete such jobs and tasks.
- Timely provides Rayburn management with complete reports on work and tasks performed as such reports are requested or required.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor or executive management.
Job Specifications / Skills Required
Bachelor’s degree in computer related field is preferred.
1+ years of experience with Cisco LAN/WAN/Wireless networks is preferred.
As directed by supervisor and/or executive management.
I verify that I have received, reviewed and fully understand the job description above. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the functions described therein, under all conditions as described.
The requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of employee assigned to this classification. They are not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties, and/or skills that may be required of the incumbent or employee.