We collect two basic types of information from you when you provide it to us or interact with us: personal information and non-personal information.
Personal information includes all information that relates to you or which are opinions about you personally and either identifies or may be used to identify you personally (collectively, “personal information”). We may only collect the following, limited types of personal information from you depending upon the device you are using and how you interact with us or use or interact with our Services, such as your:
- Contact Information. Name, address (including address history), email address, phone number, and other contact information.
- Device Information. IP address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device identifiers, and information about how you use our Services.
- Payment Information. Credit and debit card, bank account, and other financial information necessary to send and receive payments.
We strive to uphold data minimization principles and only seek to collect personal information from you for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. You can always refuse to provide your personal information, but please note that some personal information is necessary to provide our Services.
If you are an employee or apply for a position with us, we may collect the following types of personal information from you depending upon the device you are using and how you interact with us, such as your:
- Contact Information. Name, email address, postal address, phone number, business contact information, beneficiary and emergency contact information, and other contact information.
- Demographic Information. Date of birth, gender, nationality, race, marital and dependent status.
- Government Identification. Social Security number, driver’s license number, or other government identification numbers.
- Financial Information. Compensation, benefits, tax information related to payroll, expenses, bank account information, bonus and pension information, and company credit card usage.
- Employment Related Information. Information regarding performance, discipline, grievance, training, previous employment or work history, leave requests and absences, and background checks.
- Company Equipment Information. Information regarding use of company IT systems including email, internet systems, computers, laptops (including via remote access) telephone systems and mobile devices; reviewing network traffic e-mails or other messages or data sent or received through our systems and inspecting data stored on individual file directories, hard drives or printed electronic media.
- Correspondence. Communications and letters, including correspondence about a pay raise or to your mortgage company confirming your salary.
- Education Information. Education history, certifications, and qualifications.
- Physical or Mental Health Information. Health and attendance records, medical records resulting from on-the-job injuries or accidents.
- Other. Photograph, video, audio, and other personal details included in a resume or cover letter, if applicable.
Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you or information that has been anonymized (collectively, “non-personal information”). When we combine non-personal information with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information.
Please be aware, if you do not provide information when requested, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations, and we will inform you about the implications of that decision.
As a result of certain individuals’ relationships with you, such as family members, we may collect and process personal information about those individuals (“related persons”). We collect personal information about related persons in connection with emergency contacts and the benefits we provide. This information may include:
- Contact information. Name, email, postal address, phone number, and emergency contact information.
- Identification information. Photograph, Social Security number or other government identification number.
- Benefits information. Information necessary to extend the benefits and services that may be available to a related person as a family member or related person of our employees, including insurance-related information, claims-related information, and disbursement-related information.
Although we often collect the information described above directly from the employee, we may also collect this information from the related persons, as well as our benefit administrators. In addition, we may also collect this information through service providers and other third parties that collect it on our behalf.