CategoryAccounting & Finance
Responsible for performing and supervising day-to-day Rayburn Country Electric Cooperative, Inc.’s (Rayburn) accounting activities. Generates or supervises complete and accurate posting of entries into the general ledger accounting system. Prepares financial statements, accounting, and tax reports. Monitors accounting procedures and practices, to ensure all are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory requirements, and Rayburn’s policies and procedures. Recognizes the service role the Accounting Department provides to the other Rayburn departments. Assists Controller as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities / Knowledge
- Performs accounting activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures and cooperative borrower requirements, maintaining all records in accordance with established retention guidelines and submitting all financial and statistical reports as required.
- As required, reviews cash disbursements for payment approval and appropriate support
- Performs system administration functions including assigning roles and access in current accounting software.
- Provides day-to-day support and is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) related to current accounting software functionality for general ledger, project accounting, billing and receivables, inventory, etc.
- Supervises Accountant and provides back-up for processing and posting of AP/AR invoices with proper approvals, including verification of accuracy of invoices.
- Supervises and provides back-up for processing Rayburn employee payroll through current accounting software.
- Posts month-end entries and reviews month-end entries of the Accountant.
- Performs year-end audit support.
- Reconciles or supervises the reconciliation of bank accounts as needed.
- Performs and reviews general ledger account reconciliations utilizing Net Suite Account Reconciliations module and other back-up as needed.
- Prepares financial and month-end reports including month-end reporting for combined Members financial statements.
- Generates monthly trial balance entry for Rayburn Energy Station, LLC.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements for the Rayburn entities.
- Prepares, directs, and communicates financial metrics to the Controller.
- Coordinates the preparation and implementation of Rayburn’s Annual Transmission Revenue Requirement (ATRR) with Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT).
- Calculates variances from the budget and reports significant differences to Controller.
- Provides income tax reporting information to tax preparer.
- Complies with all policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements or obligations, including those inherent in this position, effective as a result of employment with
- Timely shares complete information with others including Rayburn management and staff, contractors, and other third parties, as required.
- Delegates jobs and tasks to appropriate employees, providing complete information and resources to properly complete such jobs and tasks.
- Timely provides Rayburn management with complete reports on work and tasks performed as such reports are requested or required.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor or executive management.
Job Related Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related field of study is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred.
- 5+ years accounting experience, utility accounting experience helpful.
- In-depth understanding of accounting, including Uniform System of Accounts and GAAP
- Strong communication and management skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to think independently and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment; willing to assist others
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions in order to use a computer keyboard.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; open file cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.